Help with a Federal Agency

If you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, my office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.

Residents of the 5th Congressional District of Minnesota can contact us for assistance in dealing with Federal agencies. In order to better serve you, the privacy form can be filled out on your computer before you print and sign it.

If you have an issue with an immigration agency or the Department of State, please visit our immigration casework portal

Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:

  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
  • VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;

Please Note:

The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case. We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request

Authorization Form

Due to Covid-19, our office is currently closed. Please email the form to

This is a three step process:

  1. Download and fill in the form with the required data. Please specify the federal agency and fill out both pages. 
  2. Review the form to ensure all data is accurate, then print and sign the form. 
  3. Email the form to with your name and the federal agency in the subject line. You can also mail or hand deliver the document to my office at 404 North 3rd Avenue, Suite 203, Minneapolis, MN 55401